Monday, April 27, 2009

Catching Up!

So I caught the Making the Band Reunion episode and I can not believe this season got me. Again. I had given up reality shows. I dropped all the "Love" shows on VH1, I refused to get sucked into the madness that I Love Money and For the Love of Ray J both were. (I've seen a couple of episodes of each. Yeah I slipped up, I AM human.) I haven't seen The Hills, and I had resolved to watch only scripted shows. (Giving much love to writers like myself, not that The Hills isn't scripted, but...I digress.) So my best friend told me that I had to watch the newest season of Making the Band, but with me being a Danity Kane fan, and with them being disbanded I felt there was no reason to watch. But with Que's tantrum's I was SO wrong!

According to Que, there were "things" he was dealing with that weren't shown on the show. On his Twitter, he would always tweet things like about the evils of MTV's editing. So, I wonder what did they leave out? Did Que apologize to the group for acting like a little punk? Did he finally come clean about what he was dealing with? Somehow I doubt it.

D. Woods decided to blog about her experience on the reunion show and about being in the group in general. It was basically a bunch of gibberish, with clichés, and ghetto spasms. She says she will see us again once she "emerges from the constraints of smoke and mirrors." Huh? Did she drink the Kool Aid? Wait she signed with Bad Boy and thought she would go somewhere. Of course she drank it.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH REALITY SHOWS!!! If you have something to say, just say it! The reason why the Danity Kane breakup was so confusing was because, DK acted like they were all for one and one for all. When they had a problem (excluding Aubrey, because she ALWAYS seemed to have something going on) they stuck together. At least that's what the viewers were lead to believe. They kept their problems to themselves and obviously didn't talk about the issues, no one could fake the look of confusion on Aundrea and Dawn's faces when they found out no one else would be returning.

My advice: When on a reality show or in real life, speak the truth at all times and say it loud! No one likes a martyr who suffers in silence.

1 comment:

  1. idk bout this...

    reality tv is just the opposite most of the time...

    i mean, who knows if Dawn isn't THE fakest person of all even though her behind is always saying "That's the reality of the situation..."

    I think our problem as a society is being concerned with other ppl's problems while neglecting our own... i could not care less about the disbanding of Danity Kane because they never made me any $.

    Que's problems on the other hand were a bit "interesting" to say the least... i was intrigued but I still think he's a lil crazy... editing can't possibly do that much damage... LoL

    ReplyDelete