Monday, April 5, 2010

Why Did I Get Married, Too? (Part 1)



So, I haven't seen Tyler Perry's new movie, yet. I plan on seeing it, but I try to never ever go see movies on the first day or week it comes out. I hate the crowds. And truth be told I like to watch the movie when the theater is nearly empty, you know after it's been out for two months and I don't have to listen to all the crowd participation. I may be holding on to some leftover frustration from going to see"Good Hair" the day it came out.

I never go into a movie empty headed. You know, I already have expectations and I usually know how it's going to end. As usual, Tyler Perry had me raising some questions about this new movie. I mean at the end of the first one everyone was happy, right? Sheila lost some weight and got a new husband. Diane and Terry both realized she was wrong for lying about getting her tubes tied and he came back home. Angela and Marcus agreed to remain faithful to each other and she gave up drinking. Patricia and Gavin worked through their issues regarding their son's death. Everyone was good, except Mike, but what do we expect from Tyler Perry's villain? So my question is why tie the whole story up in a bow only to unravel it for a sequel?

Why couldn't he find a new cast? Or write a new story and keep the cast, just give them new roles? I get that marriage is hard...but this is a little much. I've seen bits and pieces of the movies in trailers, so I know that Angela thinks Marcus is cheating, Mike wants Sheila back and her new husband is jobless, and we've all seen Janet Jackson going crazy (Beyonce in "Obsessed" style). So what do I expect? Drama, drama, and (according to my cousin who fought the crowds this weekend) a twist we won't expect. Yeah, ok.

1 comment:

  1. THE MOVIE WAS GOOD... NOT GREAT. TOO MUCH DRAMA IN THE END. THERE WILL BE A THIRD ONE... HAVE U SEEN IT YET?

    IT'S ALEX FROM MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT BTW... LOL

    WWW.WHATALEXWRITES.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete